Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Money Can't Buy Happiness.....

....but a little retail therapy sure helps!

After the week from hell, (it looked and smelled like we were in hell) a couple of friends and I had a lovely day in La Jolla! We were able to spend quite a bit of time (and money) at Knitting in La Jolla. Had a bite to eat at the Hard Rock Cafe. Tons of chit chat and girl time.... Just what the doctor ordered.

I was able to find quite a few treasures that HAD to come home with me!


Polka dot bag is a KnitPickers bag. Had a coupon and got it for half price! (From Michael's)
Striped bag is OffHand Designs.. I think it's the Zelda bag. Had a 20 % coupon for this one!


Strickmuse merging color shawl kit. Again had a 20% off coupon for this


Jolie... angora and merino I think. Yep 20% off too

I also scored a few books. 2 pattern books for babies/toddlers, and EZ's Knitting Workshop.

All in all it was a truly fabulous day!

The REAL reason we got together was to go to Knitting in La Jolla to buy a gift certificate for our friend. She lost her home in the fires... and she is the one who taught us all to knit. She was able to get some of her things out...but not enough. My heart is just sick for her. She's doing well and taking care of the logistics of trying to get back on her feet. I truly cannot imagine losing your home. Such a sobering thought.

No comments: